Vibrant golden turmeric is one of the most powerful healing spices on the planet. Research continually uncovers impressive health effects of this rhizome in fresh and powdered states.
You’ve probably heard about some of the benefits: turmeric (and especially the chemical curcumin within it) can inhibit the growth of cancer cells, regulate blood pressure and promote healing within a huge range of inflammatory conditions. These are just a few of the conditions that may improve with regular turmeric use:
- Joint pain
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- High cholesterol
- Crohn’s disease and colitis
- Lyme disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Gum disease
Even if you already cook with turmeric or take curcumin supplements, you can still consume a more potent version of this amazing spice by preparing Golden Paste at home.
Golden paste combines turmeric with water, a small amount of black pepper and virgin oil to help your body absorb the most curcumin possible (up to 2000 percent better absorption than standalone turmeric)!
Try this simple recipe to make your own Golden Paste at home.
Golden Paste Recipe
- ¼ cup ground turmeric powder
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
- 2 Tbls. extra virgin olive or coconut oil.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, simmer the water and turmeric for 5-10 minutes. Stir the mixture frequently to avoid sticking, adding more water if the paste becomes too thick.
- Remove the paste from the heat, and stir in pepper and oil.
- Let cool, then transfer to a jar and refrigerate.
Once you prepare a jar of golden paste, you can begin to take 2-3 ¼ tsp. doses throughout the day to reduce inflammation and promote healing. If you’re struggling to mask the intense flavor of the paste, try some of these taste-taming ideas:
- Stir ¼ tsp of paste into 2 tbsp. peanut butter, and spread it on toast or crackers.
- Stir ¼ tsp of paste into a small dish of plain or vanilla yogurt, (add an optional drizzle of honey).
- Stir ½ tsp. of paste into a cup of brown rice during cooking.
- Stir ¼ tsp. into a cup of warm, sweetened almond milk.
- Take it like a supplement: swallow ¼ tsp. of paste along with a gulp of water.
You can even apply the paste directly to your skin to calm the symptoms of acne and psoriasis, ward off infections and accelerate wound healing. Just beware: applying the paste to your skin might cause you to sport a golden hue for a little while.