Keto Coronation Chicken Salad
This is my Keto Coronation Chicken Salad version: shredded cold rotisserie chicken breast, curry, mayonnaise, fresh cilantro, and crunchy, summery celery.
- 1/2 cup real Mayonnaise Hellmann’s
- 1/2 tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 2 breasts from a rotisserie chicken, skin discarded, meat shredded
- Optional Shredded hard cheese ( Parmesan, Cheddar) and sliced red pepper for decoration.
Put chicken breasts in a medium saucepan and bring to a bare simmer over medium-high heat. Cook until thighs register 165°F on an instant-read thermometer, about 5 minutes after achieving a simmer. Remove from heat. Allow chicken to cool in the stock and and when cool enough to handle remove chicken and chop into 1/2 inch pieces and set aside. Reserve strained stock for another use.
In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, milk, curry powder, cilantro, lemon juice, salt and pepper until well combined.
Gently toss the celery and chicken in the curry sauce.