Here’s a British royal relic, even though it was created well over 50 years ago for the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II, is similarly still alive and kicking around the world: Coronation Chicken.
At its most basic, it’s a cold chicken salad based in a curried mayonnaise. Most Coronation Chicken Salad recipes call for fruits — but for keto fruits are not recommended , so I’ve made some adjustments.
This is my Keto Coronation Chicken Salad version: shredded cold rotisserie chicken breast, curry, mayonnaise, fresh cilantro, and crunchy, summery celery. Throw it together in a big bowl, and let it sit, if you can, overnight. 🙂
Keto Coronation Chicken Salad
- 1/2 cup Real Mayonnaise Hellmann’s
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice 1/4 lemon
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 2 breasts from a rotisserie chicken, skin discarded, meat shredded
Optional: Shredded hard cheese ( Parmesan, Cheddar) and sliced red pepper for decoration.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, milk, curry powder, cilantro, lemon juice, salt and pepper until well combined. Gently toss the celery and chicken in the curry sauce.