3 Home Exercises To Fix Your Rounded Shoulders In One Month
Rounded shoulders are especially common with office or computer-based workers. Without near-perfect posture, sitting for long periods soon leads to hunching of the shoulders and bending forward of the lower back. Fortunately, your rounded shoulders can be treated, reversed and even cured, with the help of a mat and the door frame at home! Watch the short video by Reece Tomlinson for three super effective stretching exercises.
What Are the Common Causes of Rounded Shoulders?
- Prolonged poor posture while seated
- Emotional factors or stress responses tightening chest muscles
- Faulty movement patterns that place stress on the muscles and tissues
What Are the Risks?
This resultant posture has a negative impact on both appearance and health. In your subconscious mind, the posture of rounded shoulders negatively affect how you see yourself and so it will gradually shape your confidence and attractiveness.
Also, the increased stress on your shoulder joints can lead to severe pain and discomfort around the neck and upper back. If left untreated, it could even lead to impingements that require immediate medical treatment.
FAQs About The Stretch Exercises
How Should I Perform These Exercises?
- Between 8-15 repetitions and 2-3 sets for all three. Allow at least 2 minutes rest between each set.
How Often Should This Be Performed?
- Try to complete this routine 3 times per week.
When Can I Expect to Notice Improvement?
- With consistency, you will see noticeable improvement within 1 month.
What Are the Common Mistakes to Avoid?
- Stretching yourself too hard too fast. Stay within your boundaries and increase over time.
Key: Focus on creating a healthy stretch with each exercise without pushing yourself too far.