The irresistible aroma of peppers and potatoes filling the air…it spells comfort and invites you to enjoy a delicious evening with family. But there’s more to roasted veggies than that tantalizing aroma! They are so good for your health, too!
6 Reasons To Love Roasted Vegetables
1. Roasting certain vegetables actually increases the bioavailability of the nutrients in them. For example, you get more carotenoids from carrots if you roast them, rather than steaming or sauteeing them.
2. Cooking vegetables without water leaches fewer nutrients from them. So, if you have a choice between boiling and roasting, opt for the latter!
3. Roasting veggies without oil keeps the calorie count low.
4. It’s really easy to roast vegetables. All you need to do is cut them fairly evenly and make sure they’re not crammed together in the roasting pan.
5. Most importantly, roasted vegetables taste terrific! This cooking technique draws out their natural sweetness. Add to that the aromatic smokiness, and you have the taste buds all a-tingle!
6. Although dry roasting is easy and keeps things oil free, you can add oodles of flavor and glamour to your veggies by coating them with a good quality oil and spiking them with herbs and spices.