Any cheese ball is a welcome addition to a holiday party spread, but when you bring one that looks like a pine cone, you’re talking about a real showstopper.
The only danger, as I joked about in the intro, would be hurting the feelings of other guests who also decided to bring a cheese ball, sans camouflage. Hey, they’ll just have to raise their game next year.
Obviously, this seasonally appropriate appetizer can be made using any cheese spread, or cheese ball recipe, but if you’re going to use this one, which comes highly recommended, we should talk about the garlic. I love raw garlic, and since I felt a little cold coming on, I decided to be generous with the amount.
For normal people, two cloves might be a little strong here, so fair warning. If you’re a fan of roasted garlic, that would be beautiful in this as well. Also, if you’re a fan of our beer cheese recipe, there’s no way that wouldn’t be perfect too. I really hope you give this easy, delicious, and gorgeous-to-look-at pine cone cheese ball a try soon. Enjoy!
Ingredients for one giant or two normal size pine cone cheese balls:
- 2 package (8 ounce ea.) cream cheese
- 4 ounce goat cheese
- Salt, pepper and cayenne taste
- 1/2 to 2 cloves minced garlic, depending on how strong you want it, or roasted garlic cloves to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon picked fresh thyme leaves
- whole almonds as needed