Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This recipe is easy to make — just a bit of mixing and stirring, pop it in the oven, and, in about an hour, you’ll have a house smelling of sweet autumn spices and two scrumptious, pumpkiny loaves.
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups solid pack pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Grease and flour three 7 x 3 inch pans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Measure flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and spices into a large bowl. Stir to blend.
- Add pumpkin, water, vegetable oil, eggs, and nuts.
- Beat until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour.
Enjoy your pumpkin bread!