Keto Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe
I’ve been eating a lot of mug cakes and this is the best Keto Chocolate Mug Cake. The great thing is, this easy Keto Cake actually is healthy enough to enjoy for breakfast. It’s quick and easy to make, with no fuss. I’ve actually been making this keto chocolate cake in a mug for years, and now I’m excited for you to make it, too.
Low carb chocolate mug cake is ready in just 2 minutes, using 6 ingredients! This recipe makes an easy keto chocolate cake in a mug, too.
The original recipe for how to make chocolate mug cake uses the microwave, making it ultra fast to prepare. If you prefer the oven, no problem! We’ll cover both ways, so you can decide what is best for you.
If you need mug cake to be completely dairy-free, you can also replace the butter with ghee or coconut oil. When you substitute one of these, just add a pinch of salt to compensate for the salted butter.
Regarding the sweetener, any granulated one will work for this easy chocolate mug cake recipe. I like erythritol or allulose but some paleo followers may prefer coconut sugar instead. Up to you!
Keto Chocolate Mug Cake
- 1 tbsp Butter salted
- 3/4 oz Baking chocolate unsweetened
- 3 tbsp Blanched almond flour
- 2 tbsp Erythritol or any granulated sweetener
- 1/2 tsp Gluten-free baking powder
- 1 Egg large
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract (optional)
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a mug or large 12 oz (355 mL) ramekin in the microwave (about 45-60 seconds, stirring halfway through). Be careful not to burn it. Make sure the ramekin is at least double the volume of the ingredients, because the mug cake will rise.
- Add the almond flour, erythritol, baking powder, egg, and vanilla (if using). Stir everything well until completely mixed together.
- Microwave for about 60-75 seconds, until just firm. (Don’t overcook, or it will be dry.)
- Serve with whipped cream (or coconut whipped cream ), and/or drizzle with more melted chocolate stirred with sweetener.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a double boiler on the stove. Be careful not to burn it. Remove from heat.
- Add the almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, egg, and vanilla (if using). Stir everything well until completely mixed together.
- Transfer the batter to a large 12 oz (355 mL) oven-safe ramekin (or two smaller 6 oz (178 mL) ones). Make sure the ramekins are at least double the volume of the ingredients, because the cake will rise. Bake for about 15 minutes, until just firm.
- Serve with whipped cream (or coconut whipped cream), and/or drizzle with more melted chocolate stirred with sweetener.
If you find yourself with some extra keto chocolate mug cake (I don’t know how this would happen!), you can store it at room temperature for a day, or in the fridge for 2-3 days.
This keto mug cake recipe is best fresh, but you can store it for a few days.
Total Carbs: 11g
Net Carbs: 4g
Check out other cool keto dessert recipes bellow:
If you love this Keto Chocolate Cake recipe as much as I do, please give it a five star review and help me share this recipe on facebook!
Please follow us on Facebook Page and enjoy our collection of recipes, crafts, fitness, health tips, gardening, DIY and more…
Recipe by Jessica