These Keto Coconut Cookies are seriously magical! They are great because they’re gluten free and low carb! Simple one of the best crispy cookies and easy to make! I made them yesterday for my family and they all loved it. These simple Keto Coconut Cookies are also a great portable snack! They are definitely my favorite cookies of all time.
How to make Keto Coconut Cookies
This recipe is one of the the most easy keto cookies recipe. A 1-bowl recipe with only 6 ingredients for a quick keto snack. All you need to make those Keto Coconut Cookies are:
- Coconut flour – fine almond flour or almond meal, both work well in this recipe
- Unsweetened coconut or shredded coconut. Now, you probably wonder is shredded coconut keto? well, not always – some brands adds sugar into it so make sure you buy unsweeetened coconut for this keto cookie recipe
- Coconut oil or melted butter.
- Splenda or any sugar free keto sweetener you like.
- Egg or flaxseed egg if on keto vegan. Note that the color and texture of the cookies will be very different using flaxeggs.
- Baking soda
Due to the high oil and low flour ingredients you should treat this dough as you would shortbread.
Keto Coconut Cookies
- 1/2 cup raw coconut flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup Splenda
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 165C (325F)
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- Melt the butter and the coconut oil in the microwave for 20 secs on high
- Add the melted oils and the egg to the dry ingredients
- Mix well using an electric hand mixture or wooden spoon
- Tip the mixture onto parchment paper and knead into a dough
- Place a second piece of parchment paper over the top of the dough and roll to around 5mm depth
- Place the rolled dough into the fridge – the oils will need to set slightly before you are able to cut the cookie shapes
- Cut the dough using a small glass or a cookie cutter – due to the high oil content the dough can be volatile simpler shapes are easier to prepare
- Reform the ball of dough, the heat from your hands should be enough to make the oils malleable again and then roll flat
- Repeat until all the mixture is used
- Place on baking paper and put in the oven to bake for 5-7 minutes
- Once browned leave to cool on a cooling rack, the dough will firm significantly once cooled
Makes: 24 small cookies
Macros per 1 cookie:
- 50 calories,
- 3.4g carbs (1.5g net),
- 3.8g fat
Are These Cookies Crunchy or Chewy?
These cookies are definitely soft and chewy. What makes them unique is that while they are chewy, they do have a slight baked crunch on the outside.
It is best to store these tasty cookies in an airtight container. I also recommend storing them in the refrigerator. I mean, that is assuming they aren’t eaten up in the first hour! They should stay fresh for a good 3-4 days if stored properly. I keep them for longer, but 3-4 days is the safe recommendation!
If you love this Keto Coconut Cookies as much as I do, please give it a five star review and help me share this recipe on facebook!