If You Like the Mojito Drink, You Will Love Mojito Chicken Too!
Well this uses all the flavours from the popular cocktail in a healthy, balanced chicken dish. Serve Mojito Chicken with a fruity salad and wild rice, this colourful recipe will excite your tastebuds.
- 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 handful mint
- 1 splash rum
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 mango
- 1 avocado
- 1 red chilli
- 1 red onion
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- 1 splash olive oil
- 200 g brown rice
- 2 chicken breasts
- Preheat the grill to a medium heat.
- Remove the skin from the chicken breasts and cut into strips.
- Peel and grate the garlic, zest the lime and finely chop the mint, rubbing them all over the chicken with rum and brown sugar. Leave to marinate in a sandwich bag for up to a day.
- Juice the lime in a bowl then peel and dice the avocado, add to the lime juice. Peel and dice a mango and red onion and add to the bowl as well. Deseed and finely dice chilli, rip up the coriander and stir into the avocado and mango mix. Mix all the ingredients in the bowl and season.
- Boil the rice in salted water, as per packet instructions.
- Grill (or griddle) the chicken for a few minutes on each side until it is golden and cooked through.
- Serve the chicken, salad and drained rice as a tasty, guilt free dinner. Serves 2
Leave a Reply