Pineapple Ice Cream Recipe
This fresh, sweet, creamy pineapple ice cream recipe is an easy-to-make, healthy treat!
It’s true. If you freeze pineapple chunks and blend them with a few tablespoons of maple syrup and a dash of salt, you’ll come up with an amazingly sweet, creamy, scoopable ice cream that’s just like ice cream. Vegan, clean and gluten free.
Recipe type: Vegan, Clean Eating, Gluten Free
Serves: about 4 cups
- 1 pineapple, cleaned and cut into smallish chunks (about 5 cups)
- 2 Tbs pure maple syrup (agave would work too)
- dash salt
- Arrange the pineapple chunks in a single layer in a large freezer bag or covered plastic container. Let freeze for 1-2 hours, or until firm but not rock hard.
- Combine the pineapple chunks, syrup and a dash of salt in a good food processor or powerful blender. Process until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the sweetness or seasoning if needed.
- Enjoy soft, or transfer to the freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour to let it firm up enough to scoop.