Baked Autumn Fruit Compote Recipe
This simple Baked Autumn Fruit Compote Recipe smells wonderful while it bakes. Make the most of seasonal fruits with this tasty fruit compote.
- 3 oranges
- 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthways
- 2 small royal gala or pink lady apples, cored, cut into 1cm wedges
- 1 large bunch (1kg) trimmed rhubarb stalks, cut into 5cm lengths
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Thinly peel rind from 1 orange then cut into fine shreds and place in a bowl. Juice peeled orange and add juice to bowl. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into bowl and add bean. Add apples, rhubarb and sugar. Toss well. Peel skin and pith from remaining oranges then cut into rounds and set aside.
- Transfer apple mixture to a non-reactive (glass, ceramic or stainless steel) ovenproof dish. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and baste with cooking juices then add orange slices and bake, uncovered, for a further 15 minutes or until fruit is tender. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Leave a Reply