Easy Stone Fruit Tart recipe
Summer is always a fun time of the year because of all the seasonal produce that’s just exploding at all the markets! A little honey for a subtle sweetener, lemon juice for balance, puff pastry for a crust and the star of it all: a mixture of stone fruit. Summer-lazy with just four ingredients and in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 3 cups stone fruit, sliced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preparation: Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place baking sheet in oven to heat up.
- Place puff pastry on parchment paper. Roll edge of puff pastry towards center to create a half inch border; set aside. In a bowl toss fruit, honey and lemon juice.
- Remove heated baking sheet from oven. Place puff pastry on bake sheet. Pour fruit mixture on top. Brush border with lightly beaten egg. *Optional: Sprinkle raw sugar on border.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.
A few notes:
- If you have a pizza stone, use it instead of a bake sheet.
- Yes, pre-heating the stone or bake sheet is strongly recommended so the bottom bakes evenly with the rest of the puff pastry.
- Use any mixture or any one stone of fruit that is in season for your area.
- Next time I will probably add some lavender to this recipe for some added flavor.