These Keto Crackers are low carb and gluten free! Super simple and easy. Being gluten and grain free means you just about have to make your own crackers. I’ve always been disappointed with the store-bought gluten-free crackers. There’s no going back after these.
These are super easy to make, and they are tasty, too. The mixture really held together well and the crackers were delicious! Ended up pretty crispy, and very tasty. These crackers now give me options for snacks on the go.
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour, blanched or raw, finely ground*
- *Finely ground (rather than coarse-ground) blanched almond flour makes the crispiest crackers.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together the egg, salt, pepper, and any additional spices or add-ins (see “tips,” below.)
- Add the almond flour, stirring to make a cohesive dough.
- Place the dough onto a sheet of parchment, or a piece of plastic wrap. Pat it out with your hands, and top with an additional piece of parchment or plastic wrap. Roll the dough out to about 1/8″ thickness; it should be about 10″ x 12″, or larger.
- Remove the top paper, and use a pizza wheel or knife to cut 1″ squares. Move the cut crackers, along with their parchment, to the baking sheet. If you’ve used plastic wrap, spray the pan with non-stick baking spray, and transfer the crackers from the plastic to the pan.
- Bake the crackers for 14 to 16 minutes, until they’re light golden brown. The crackers around the perimeter will tend to brown more quickly, so transfer those to a cooling rack and return the pan to the oven to finish baking the remaining center crackers.
- Cool the crackers completely before transferring them to an airtight bag for room-temperature storage
*Cheese Crackers Add 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder, a dash of Tabasco or a pinch of cayenne pepper, and 1 cup finely grated cheese.
*Seedy Crackers Add 1 to 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, poppy seeds, or the seed blend of your choice.
*Spicy Crackers Add 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder, plus 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (e.g., Sriracha, Tabasco, Frank’s Red Hot) for extra kick.
*Cinnamon-Sugar Crackers Omit the black pepper, and sprinkle 2 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar over the tops of the crackers before baking.
Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy our collection of recipes, crafts, fitness, health tips, gardening, DIY and more…
Please note that I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am simply recounting and sharing my own experiences on this blog. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advice and you should consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. I provide nutritional information for my recipes simply as a courtesy to my readers. It is calculated using MacGourmet software and I remove erythritol from the final carb count and net carb count, as it does not affect my own blood glucose levels. I do my best to be as accurate as possible but you should independently calculate nutritional information on your own before relying on them. I expressly disclaim any and all liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.
Source: King Arthur Flour