Lemon Herb Roasted Potatoes
Lemon Herb Roasted Potatoes cut into small potato nuggets ensure crispy flavour in every bite. These Lemon Herb Roasted Potato Nuggets are a terrific side dish with many meals like any roast chicken or lamb dinner or to serve with Greek Souvlaki.
- 6- 8 large sized russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1½ to 2 inch chunks
- juice of one lemon
- ¼ to ⅓ cup olive oil (butter or other oil will work as well; a butter/olive oil combination is very good too)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 1½ tbsp dried herbs, oregano, thyme and rosemary are good choices
- 1 whole garlic bulb broken into about 4 pieces (optional)
- Parboil the potatoes in salted water for about 3-4 minutes, no longer.
- Meanwhile in a 375 degree F oven, heat a baking pan of sufficient size to hold your potatoes without crowding them. A glass or metal pan is fine, as long as it is well heated beforehand. This will help to prevent the potatoes from sticking to the pan.
- After parboiling, drain the potatoes and let them stand for 5 minutes. Then toss the potatoes with the lemon juice.
- Toss together so that the potatoes absorb the lemon juice.
- Add the salt, pepper, herbs, garlic cloves and olive oil.
- Transfer the seasoned potatoes, garlic and oil to the hot baking pan. These should sizzle as they hit the pan; a good indication that they will not stick. Roast the potatoes for about 60-75 minutes or until they are nicely golden brown all over, turning them every 20 minutes or so. After the first 10 minutes, give the pan a shake to make sure the potatoes are not stuck to it. The roasted garlic may have to be removed before the potatoes are finished as it generally cooks faster.