Quick and Easy Recipe: Yogurt Cake
Yogurt Cake it doesn’t need a mixer or more than one bowl — or more than 10 minutes, for that matter. And its tangy, fluffy texture is just a perfect pair for summer berries.
This Yogurt cake is a snap to make and perfect to serve with a mound of juicy fresh berries on top. Personalize it to your taste by using both almond and vanilla extracts as called for, or use 1 teaspoon of either on its own.
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat yogurt
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- Heat the oven to 350°F ( 175° C ) Grease a 9-inch ( 22 cm ) springform pan lightly with baking spray or oil, and line the bottom with parchment.
- Whisk together the yogurt, olive oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Add the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and nutmeg right into the liquids and stir just until no lumps remain.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, covering with foil at the end if the top is browning. When a tester comes out clean, transfer the cake to a cooling rack and let it cool for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan.
Leave a Reply