French Toast Restaurant Style Recipe
French toast is a dish of bread soaked in beaten egg batter, then fried and baked. Classic french baguette sliced diagonally make a nice, chewy version.
Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 15 min Serves: 6
- 6 Thick slices french bread
- 2 Eggs
- ⅔ Cup Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Brown sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ⅛ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, for frying bread
- To make french toast, first cut the french bread into 6 thick slices.
- Place 2 eggs in a big shallow bowl.
- Add the milk.
- Then add ground cinnamon and salt
- Next add the brown sugar. Next add the brown sugar.
- Lastly add vanilla extract.
- Dip each slice of thick french bread into the egg mixture.
- Soak the bread on both sides. Make sure the bread is completely soaked.
- Soak all the 6 slices of bread, drained and set aside.
- Place all soaked slices of bread on a plate and set aside.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Working in batches, brown the bread very lightly until golden brown. Sauté for 3 minutes, just to kind of seal the egg batter.
- Flip over and brown for another 3 minutes until it’s beautiful and golden colour.
- Transfer the golden brown slices of french bread to a baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C (400 degree F).
- Then bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes. The bread will puff slightly & will be crispy on the outside and incredibly moist and soft inside.
- Keep the french toast warm in the oven over low temperature if not eaten right away.
- The baking cooks custard inside the bread & gives it a creamy texture. The outside is crispy and golden. Gives an amazing french toast experience.
- Serve hot with butter.Or serve with maple syrup and garnish with some blueberries.