Pizza Baked Chicken Recipe
Love pizza but don’t want all those calories from eating it? This is a perfect recipe to knock that pizza craving out of the water!
I mean, who doesn’t love cheese and pepperoni?! This recipe is also super easy to whip up.
Only 7 ingredients on your way to pizza heaven! This dish is a new favorite of mine for sure!
- 1 Jar (14 oz) pizza sauce
- 4 Large boneless-skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 6oz. Piece of part-skim Mozzarella, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 2oz. Sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a non-stick frying pan.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook 1-2 minutes on each side, just long enough to brown the chicken but not long enough to cook it through.
- Choose the smallest glass casserole dish you have that will fit all the browned chicken pieces, and lay the chicken in the dish in a single layer.
- Cut the Mozzarella into slices and cut the slices as needed to make enough pieces to mostly cover the top of each piece of chicken.
- Top each chicken with a spoonful of the sauce.
- Top each piece with sliced Mozzarella and pepperoni slices, covering the top of each piece of chicken as much as you can.
- Bake uncovered about 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and starting to brown and the pepperoni is slightly crisped.